Healthy Eating Habits
When we truly noticing what we eat and drink, we can cultivate gratitude for the food and truly be grateful for the nutrition we enjoy. This gives us a sense of well-being and peace, when we no longer need to use food to fix our problems.
With a real and focused perception of what kind of food we consume, we quickly realize that we do not really need food to solve our problems and problems, as we begin to look at food from a completely different perspective. Food should be tasted with both mind and body. Every daily meal should be a ritual of attention and gratitude.
Every time you eat is an opportunity to nourish your body
Eating healthy can help you lose excess weight, reduce cancer risk and improve gut health and give you more energy. It can also improve your mood and memory and lower your risk of illness (diabetes, heart health and stroke prevention).
Also it seems very important to me that we are an example of the younger/next generation. Children learn most health-related behaviours from the adults around them, and parents who model healthful eating and exercise habits tend to pass these on.
Despite all the benefits that you know and are aware of, maintaining a proper diet and healthy lifestyle is quite a difficult task.
I have written some ways to stick to a healthy eating habits:
- Set realistic goals. Eating a nutritious diet has many benefits, including potential weight loss, but it is extremely important to set realistic expectations and goals. When you set realistic goals, you are more likely and more likely to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Think about what is your greatest desire to change. Why do you really want to change your eating habits? I suggest writing down a list of specific reasons why you want to become healthier and more fit on a piece of paper. The list will always remind you why you are making healthy decisions and will help you stay on track. I suggest that you hang the list somewhere in a prominent place, where it will always remind you of your wishes and goals when tempted.
- Remove junk foods completely from your home. It is extremely difficult to eat healthy if you are always surrounded by fast, unhealthy foods. If the rest of your family does not fully support your diet, at least put those foods out of sight. Removing foods from your field of vision can significantly increase your chances of persisting in your decision to eat healthy.
- I do not believe in all or nothing approach. The key to success is moderation. One of the common mistakes we make is breaking up in the morning at work and then continuing through the day with an unhealthy diet, frustrated and convinced that that day is actually lost in terms of healthy eating. When this happens, continue your day with a healthy diet. One bad choice cannot cancel out your past efforts. Go ahead boldly!
- If you know you will be home all day, make healthy snacks. When you are hungry and unprepared for your next meal, it is easy to reach for an unhealthy meal. Usually it is a meal of processed foods that merely raises your blood sugar and increases your hunger. Until I changed it myself, I was always in a vicious circle. Now I always have a healthy snack in my bag. They probably look a little weird to me, but that way I prevent her from opting for unhealthy meals.
- Change your diet and include gentle sports activities at the same time. You may have heard many times that it is not good to change too many things at the same time when you want to improve your lifestyle and health. In principle, I agree with that, but at the same time, I am convinced that when you change your eating habits and introduce sports activities into your daily routine, you achieve a better result and make more rational and cautious decisions about nutrition. By no means do you want to be active, burn calories, and then put off all your hard work with an unhealthy diet. You simply become more aware. I emphasize that I am talking about light exercise.
- Carefully plan your meal as you go to the restaurant. Trying to maintain a healthy diet while eating outside can be quite a challenge. But luckily, there are ways you can make it easier to work with. It is best to have a strategy for what you will eat at the restaurant. Always try to choose a restaurant where they have a healthy selection of dishes.
- Considerable and mindful eating. As it is necessary to do certain exercises and sports activities, it is extremely important to learn an informed diet. Take your time, enjoy your food, and above all be grateful that you have food. This increases your chances for successful, lasting change. Adopting a thoughtful eating approach can help you to have a better relationship with food and can also reduce overeating.
- Keep track of your progress. I strongly recommend a journal of the foods you consume throughout the day. Personally, I also recommend taking photos and measuring your body volume regularly. By no means am I advocating that you weigh yourself very often, but here I am. Measuring progress is extremely important to your motivation and responsibility.
- Try to get your partner to join you on your journey of transformation. It will be much easier for you to have the support of your loved ones. Having your partner join in making healthy lifestyle changes can increase your chances of success. Otherwise, I will be the one who will always stand by you 100%.
- Try your best to shop locally and eat organic food. Organic food refers to food products that are produced, prepared, and processed without the use of any chemicals. It means organic food production prohibits the use of chemical pesticides, chemical fertilizers, or chemical preservatives. Consequently, organic foods are increasingly gaining popularity because a greater portion of the population wants to know its benefits. The general public belief is that organic food is healthier compared to the conventional ones, and it’s the primary reason for its increased demand over the past decade.
Listen to your body and find out what works best for you. There is no perfect way of eating that works for everyone.
It is important that you find your diet so that you can maintain it for the rest of your life. The best diet is one that you can stick to in the long run.